Thursday 20 September 2012

Diet: Tea Time

My Favorite Teas


I LOVE tea!! :) And Fall and Winter months are perfect for this hot, comforting beverage. Natural, unsweetened teas is delicious, good for you and a healthy substitute for a juice or soda. Here are a few of my favorite teas. 

BLACK TEAS

Twinings Earl Grey Tea

I love all Twinings teas, but Earl Grey is an all-time favorite.This tea has a famous story behind it's name: the Georgian Prime Minister, Ear Grey, was given cases of this tea by a Chinese Mandarin. He liked it so much that he brought it home and asked Twinings to recreate it for him, and the tea was named after him.
As Twinings would describe it, it's a light fragrant black tea, infused with a distinctive lemon and bergamot flavour. It's taste is rich and distinct.

Twinings Lady Grey Tea

The Lady also had to have her tea, and she sure got a delicious one :) The Earl Grey mixture is enriched with the delicate hint of oranges and lemons and is a perfect pick for afternoons.

Twinings Irish Breakfast

Black tea blend with rich and smooth taste.

Twinings English Breakfast

Another black tea blend, appropriate to go with the breakfast, but not exclusively.This tea is full- bodied and full of flavour, perfect to begin the day with. 

Ahmad English Tea No.1

This amazing tea is a blend of Assam, Ceylon, and Kenyan tea, with the slightest hint of bergamot. Light, but rich flavour. 

Whittard of Chelsea Afternoon Tea

This tea is a specific blend of fine black and jasmine green tea, combined with the distinctive flavour of bergamot. It's taste is also very light and flowery. 

I drink my black teas instead of coffee, with milk and unrefined sugar to taste.


GREEN TEAS

Twinings Green Tea with Mint

This is my favourite green tea and I love drinking it by itself, without adding any honey to it. A perfect mixture of green tea and mint, which gives a perfect light taste.

Ahmad Blueberry Green Tea 

I love this unusual blend of green tea and blueberry; the fruity taste is delicate, but present.

Pure Green Tea

And, of course, pure green tea by any brand hits my top-teas list.

I love having my green tea in the evenings, and usually drink them by themselves, without adding any sweeteners. When I crave something more sweet, I add a small tea spoon of honey and enjoy my tea :)



5 comments:

  1. Hiya!!! Nice posts! I love green tea in the evenings too :)

    I actually went to a tea tasting workshop this week which was so interesting, so many teas out there! Would love for you to check out if u lov tea!

    http://thepescetarianpantry.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tea so much! It's so good for you! My fav is chamomile. Great post!(:


    sonothaute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear! I've a new post on my blog! Read it, if you want!

    xoxo Effy
    http://effiiswardrobe.blogspot.it/2012/09/fashion-shirt.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tea!! My favorite is Chai or Orange spice.

    www.girlinthegreenbreeches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete